Wednesday, March 16, 2005

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

The ball is tipped
and there you are
you're running for your life
you're a shooting star
And all the years
no one knows
just how hard you worked
but now it shows...

Tomorrow is a holiday and my boss doesn't know it.

Tomorrow is so big, I will admit freely, that even Black History Month didn't have me even close to this excited. I haven't had this much collective umoja with people I don't even know since.. well... Last March?

I have no meetings scheduled tomorrow.

No memos or papers

No obligations.

And I'm almost done clearing out my inbox.

Basically, I am not sure of how much work I will be able to get done.

You should know by now that tomorrow is the start of March Madness. The end in nigh for the young ballers and that means endless plates of wings, multiple fascinating games, and upsets of the highest order.

Yes, it's time for March Madness and... ohhhh, and I am losing my ever loving mind.

But time is short
and the road is long
in the blinking of an eye
ah that moment's gone
And when it's done
win or lose
you always did your best
cuz inside you knew...

A couple of weeks ago I received an invitation to a "reception" marking the beginning of March Madness. Food and flat screen tvs with feeds from all the different games being played at the SAME time. I'm like Michael Jackson at an Elementary School... I can hardly contain myself.

March Madness is easily the best playoffs we have currently. Because of the tourny's ability to take small teams or individual players from anonymity to heros it easily surpasses all other sports in their attempts to garner attention. Because the tourny brings together different regions, cities, colleges and throws them together it fans from all over root for teams they never knew it surpasses all other sports in reinvigorated interest. Because of the many dependable buzzer beaters and last second heroics it surpasses all sports in cultivating excitement. From Christian Laettners crunch time heroics to Chris Webber's epic timeout to Gonzaga's annual upsets the memories from this year's Tourny will last for years.

And it is with that ferver of excitement I write this entry.

Feel the beat of your heart
feel the wind in your face
it's more than a contest

it's more than a race...

And when it's done
win or lose

you always did your best
cuz inside you knew...


Tomorrow marks the beginning of that "one shining moment". And Sweet Jesus, I seriously cannot wait.

No comments: