Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal...

I realize I need to keep my posts short. I am not cut out for the social blogging like my other friends... so from here on out.. I am working to avoid burnout by blogging in a morestaccato style. If a post takes me more than 30 mins... I'm trashing it.

The Powerball jackpot is 340 million bucks. I hate the fact that people lose their ever loving minds when these jackpots come out. Still, I understand.

Right now, ALL of the numbers available have been taken. ALL OF THE FREAKIN numbers. That's totally insane. Still, you may play the random draw if you wish to play. I think that says something about the state of the Union. In the few states that play the Powerball (thankfully the District of Columbia also participates) the people are so desperate for a lucky winfall of money, despite the odds, that they have played ALL the freakin numbers. The people of this country are not in good shape.. yet as Americans often are... we are brimming with hope.

So tonight, after the gym.. there I'll be. Playing right along wth them. Like Rose Royce, I'll be wishing on a star and investing in my dreams. I'll maintaining the optimistic ideas that grand luck will shine brightly upon me. I understand there are people who need it much more than I. Still, I think I am worthy for insta-wealth due to my giving nature and interest in improving the human condition.

My hope and faith in luck and myself is eternal, so like always I play the odds. Knowing that my loss at least helps the District and at most will ensure personal wealth (and those of my loved ones) and a greater social ambition... I'll play tonight.


Of course, if I win.. no one will ever know.


Even though I'll post it right here. lol

1 comment:

Shawn said...

"faith in luck" I have never heard that one before.